The RESUS4KIDS e-learning component has been designed to be completed in stages. You can do a little, go away and come back. It is made up of a number of self-paced, interactive modules, incorporating audio and video segments to stimulate the learner.
The e-learning provides paediatric life support training for Health Care Workers. You MUST complete the e-learning component before you attend the practical course. It will equip you with the theory you will need to practice on the day.
On completion of the RESUS4KIDS e-learning component you will be able to:
- respond to an emergency involving a child or infant using the seven steps in the DRSABCD Paediatric Life Support for Healthcare Rescuers model
- understand the techniques required to provide effective rescue breaths and cardiac compressions
- respond to a choking child
- apply a range of advanced airway life support devices including: self inflating bag and mask, nasopharyngeal airway and oropharyngeal airway
- correctly identify the three main cardiac arrest rhythms
- follow advanced life support procedures using defibrillation, drugs and intraosseous access.
Optional Advanced e-learning Modules
RESUS4KIDS has developed advanced e-learning modules which are available to all users as part of the RESUS4KIDS program. The advanced modules are optional and completion is not required prior to attending the RESUS4KIDS practical course. They provide learners with extra knowledge in relation to the management of a paediatric collapse.
The current advanced e-learning modules include:
Intraosseous Access See more...
The Intraosseous e-learning module is designed to teach Health Care Workers the theory of establishing intraosseous access including paediatric landmarks.
- To understand the theory of how to establish intraosseous access to the circulatory system in order to administer drugs and fluids.
4H’s and 4T’s See more...
The 4H’s and 4T’s e-learning module is designed to build on the theory of the mandatory RESUS4KIDS e-learning providing additional information on reversible causes of paediatric arrest.
- To extend learners knowledge from the RESUS4KIDS e-learning in relation to the reversible causes of paediatric arrest.
Abnormal Cardiac Rhythms See more...
The Abnormal Cardiac Rhythms e-learning module is designed to build on the theory of the mandatory RESUS4KIDS e-learning providing additional information on abnormal cardiac rhythms in children.
- To identify abnormal cardiac rhythms and outline the treatment for each. Rhythms include:
- stable bradycardia
- unstable bradycardia
- sinus tachycardia
- supraventricular tachycardia
- ventricular tachycardia
Train the Trainer Refresher (available for RESUS4KIDS Trainers) See more...
The Train the Trainer Refresher is designed to be used by RESUS4KIDS trainers to refresh the different teaching techniques used in the RESUS4KIDS short practical course.
- understand the different specific learning objectives that participants must be able to identify or demonstrate for the ball game, surgeon video and the three scenarios within the RESUS4KIDS short practical course
- develop a basic understanding of Crisis Resource Management and how to incorporate this knowledge into the teamwork and communication discussion
- understand where to locate the resources required to run the short practical course
- develop a basic understanding of adult education theory and how to use this knowledge to improve small group teaching
- learn how to identify different types of challenging participants within small group teaching and how to approach each of these challenging learners in order to engage all participants attending the RESUS4KIDS short practical course.
Paediatric Intubation – coming soon to RESUS4KIDS e-learning.