RESUS4KIDS – Basic Life Support for Allied and Community Healthcare Rescuers
RESUS4KIDS – Basic Life Support for Allied and Community Healthcare Rescuers is a blended learning program that combines e-Learning and face to face teaching. The program is designed specifically for allied and community healthcare professionals. It covers infants, children and adults basic life support.
The RESUS4KIDS – Basic Life Support for Allied and Community Healthcare Rescuers practical course is taught in local healthcare facilities by local staff that are trained to deliver the 90 minute face to face sessions.
To become a RESUS4KIDS – Basic Life Support for Allied and Community Healthcare Rescuer Instructor staff must be either existing RESUS4KIDS Instructors or healthcare professionals who are recommended by their local facility as possessing the skills and knowledge required to teach basic life support and attend a train the trainer session.
On completion of the e-Learning participants will be able to:
- Respond to an emergency using the seven steps in the DRSABCD Basic Life Support model
- Understand the techniques required to provide effective rescue breaths and cardiac compressions
- Understand the principals of how to use an AED
- Understand when to use the recovery position and the best way to move a patient into the recovery position
- Respond to a choking child
By the end of the 90 minute practical course participants will be able to:
- Explain why good TEAMWORK AND COMMUNICATION are essential for optimal outcomes in resuscitation (use names, allocate and accept roles)
- Manage an infant and child/adults AIRWAY (open and maintain it open)
- Perform effective BREATHING (slow breaths with chest rise)
- Demonstrate effective minimal interruption cardiac COMPRESSIONS (push hard, push fast, allow full chest recoil)
For NSW Health employees the RESUS4KIDS – Basic Life Support for Allied Healthcare Rescuer is available on HETI online.
For non NSW Health facilities that are interested in the RESUS4KIDS – Basic Life Support for Allied Healthcare Rescuers please contact RESUS4KIDS for more information on how to access this program. (email@example.com )